Cats and dogs die in Wichita fire but 2 residents escape

Firefighters responded Wednesday afternoon to the fire in the 400 block of North Pamela, near Central and Tyler in Wichita. (Google Maps)

WICHITA — Several dogs and cats died in a Wichita house fire but two residents managed to escape with minor injuries.

 

The Wichita Eagle reports firefighters responded Wednesday afternoon to the fire in the 400 block of North Pamela, near Central and Tyler. It caused several small explosions in a garage.

Medics treated two residents for minor injuries, but firefighters weren’t able to save two dogs and several cats. Neighbors say firefighters put an oxygen mask on at least one cat that escaped the house.

About 10 pets lived in the home.

Wichita Fire Department Battalion Chief Lane Pearman says the fire probably started in the garage, where there were small explosions as items stored in that area caught fire.

The fire destroyed the house.

TopTankTickets
 

More